Prof. Salis Tager,MD, PhD
Specialist in Cardiovascular Surgery
Hands on Course in HEART-PORT and” Master of Mitral Valve repair”, and basic training in Robotic Surgery
1996 – 2002
Postgraduate program in Cardiac surgery
Soroka University Medical Center, Israel
MIDCAB, OPCAB & Minimally Invasive vein and radial artery harvesting
Specialist in cardiac and thoracic surgery
Belinson (Rabin Medical Centre) Medical Faculty Sacler – Tel Aviv University
Postgraduate studies in adult and pediatric cardiology
Medical Faculty Sacler – Tel Aviv University
1988 – 1991
Cardiothoracic surgery, specialization– Prof. Moris Levi
Medical Center Belinson – Department of cardiothoracic surgery
1986 – 1988
Specialization in general surgery – Prof. R. Reis
Medical Center Belinson
1984 – 1985
Cardio and thoracic surgery – Prof. Moris Levi
Department for cardio and thoracic surgery – Medical Center Belinson
1980 – 1983
Faculty of Medicine – Ljubljana, assistant professor
Faculty of Medicine – Ljubljana, general surgery
University “Edvard Kardelj”, Ljubljana, Slovenia
2010 – present
Acibadem Sistina Hospital
Department for cardiac and thoracic surgery, head and founder
2011 – present
Postgraduate studies in cardiac surgery and intensive care for residents
2004 – 2011
Senior staff surgeon
Department for aortic and complex reconstructive cardiac surgery, chief
2004 – 2011
Course coordinator, the elective program in Cardiac Surgery for medical students
Medical Faculty Sacler – Tel Aviv University
1997 – 2004
Surgeon, deputy chief
Medical Center “Soroka” – Tel Aviv University
1996 – 2004
MIDCAB, OPCAB, Total Arterial Re-vascularization, all Aspects of Aortic surgery, Valvular Surgery
Soroka University, Department for cardiac and thoracic surgery
1996 – 2002
Course coordinator “Diseases of the aorta –
Columbia University and Ben-Gurion University, Israel
Honorary staff member, Cardiac and thoracic department
Faculty of Medicine – Hanover, Germany – Prof. H.G. Brost
1993 – 1995
Fellowship for aneurysms, dissections, lung and heart transplantation, aortic and mitral valve repair
“Medizinische Hoch Schule” (MHH) Hannover – Prof H.G.Borst
Chief of Cardiac and thoracic surgery Department
Department of cardiac and thoracic surgery surgery “Asouta Hospital” – Tel Aviv
Experimental study – The effect of Doxorubicin on the contraction of isolated human atria”.
Sacler Medical School, Tel Aviv University, Department of Physiology
1980 – 1983
Assistant professor in Phisiology
Faculty of Medicine. University “Edvard Kardelj” – Ljubljana, Slovenia
1985 Israeli Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery
1985 Israeli Society of Cardiology
2003 Editor for “Science Monitor”
1997 The CTS Net: Cardio-thoracic Surgery Network
1985 Israel Medical Association
2007 The Macedonian Medical Association
G. SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
1. Original Articles
1. Erman A, Winkler J, Chen -Gal B, Rabinov M, Zelikovsky, Tager S, Schmueli H, Levy E, Akbary A, Rosenfeld JB. Inhibition of angiotensin converting enzyme by ramipril in serum and tissue of man. J Hypertension 1991;9:1057-1062.
2. Manoach M, Tager S, Erez M, Varon D, Vaugham Williams M. The defibrillating effect of high cardiac catecholamine level (abst). J Mol Cell Cardiol 1992;24(Suppl V): 69.
3. Ghosh PK, Tager S, Raanani E, Levy MJ. Late outcome of valve replacement with the Cross-Jones Caged-Lens prosthesis. J Heart Valve Dis 1993;2:485 – 6.
4. Pethig K, Wahlers T, Tager S, Borst HG. Perioperative complications in combined aortic valve replacement and extra-anatomic ascending – descending bypass. Ann Thorac Surg 1996;61:1724-6.
5. Wagshall AB, Tager S, Maor E, Weinstein JM, Ganiel A, Katz A, Ovsysher IE. Implantable defibrillator endocarditis. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1999;22:1120.
6. Wagshall AB, Appelbaum A, Crystal P, Goldfarb B, Erez A, Tager S, Katz A. Atrial tachycardia as the presenting sign of a left atrial appendage aneurysm. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2000;23:283-5.
7. Gilad J, Borer A, Peled N, Reisenberg K, Tager S, Appelbaum A, Schlaeffer F. Hospital-acquired brevundimonas vesicularis septicaemia following open-heart surgery: case report and literature review. Scand J Infect Dis 2000;32:90-1.
8. Marcus-Braun N, Segal D, Merkin M, Wiznitzer A, Katz M, Tager S, Ilya R, Mazor M. Anticoagulation in Pregnant women with prosthetic heart valve – a new approach for therapy. Harefuah. 2003 Jul; 142(7): 508-11, 567.
9. Gatot I, Abramov D, Tsodikov V, Yeshaaiahu M, Orman S, Gavriel A, Chorni I, Tuvbin D, Tager S, Apelbaum A. Should We give Prophylactic “Renal-Dose” Dopamine After Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery? J Card Surg 2004; 19:128-33.
10. Abramov D, Yeshaaiahu M, Tsodikov V, Gatot I, Orman S, Gavriel A, Chorni I, Tuvbin D, Tager S, Apelbom A. Timing of chest tube removal after coronary artery bypass surgery. J Card Surg. 2005;20(2):142-6.
11. Jovev S, Tager S, Spirovski Z, Arsovski A, Trajkovska T, Proevska D, Kondov G, Colanceski R, Spirovska V. Right heart haemodynamics after lung resection; the role of the transthoracic echo-doppler cardiography. Prilozi 2006 Dec;27(2):201-16.
12. Spigelstein D, Ghosh P, Sternik L, Tager S, Shinfeld A, Raanani U. Current Strategies of Mitral Valve Repair. IMAJ 2007;9:303-9.
13. Yuan SM, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Kassif Y, Raanani E. Modifications of
composite grafts for coronary bypass surgery. Int J Cardiol 2007;121:196-7.
14. Sheih YB, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Preisman S, Smolinsky A, Raanani U. Aortic Valve Spearing surgery. Harefuah 2007; 146(11):849-53, 910.
15. Yuan S, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Raanani U. Onset of neo-aortic root dilatation 18 years after an arterial switch operation. Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine 2008; 9:298-300.
16. Yuan SM, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Raanani E. Onset of neoaortic root dilatation 18 years after an arterial switch operation. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2008;9(3):298-300.
17. Sheick Yousif B, Sheinfield A, Tager S, Ghosh P, Priesman S, Smolinsky AK, Raanani E. Aortic root surgery in Marfan syndrome. IMAJ 2008;10:189-93.
18. Kogan A, Ghosh P, Preisman S, Tager S, Sternik L, Lavee J, Kasiff I, Raanani E. Risk factors for failed “fast-tracking” after cardiac surgery in patients older than 70 years. Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia 2008;22(4):530-5.
19. Yuan SM, Tager S, Raanani E. Anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left coronary sinus. Chang Gung Med J 2009;32:455-8.
20. Yuan SM, Tager S, Raanani E. Fever of unknown origin as a primary presentation of chronic aortic dissection. Vascular 2009;17:230-3.
21. Yuan SM, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Raanani E. Aortic aneurysm-induced disseminated intravascular coagulopathy: successful surgical repair. Vascular 2009;17:55-9.
22. Yuan SM, Tager S. Acute onset of chronic aortic dissection presenting as abdominal pain. Kardiologia Polska 2009;67:168-72.
23. Yuan SM, Tager S. Penetrating atheroscrlerotic ulcer aneurysm of the innominate artery. Vasa 2009;38:263-6.
3. Papers Presented at Scientific Meetings
1. Koren A, Tager S, Lestan B. Tetanic contraction of frog skeletal muscle perfused with cyanide/KCN. 11th Congress of the Union of Physiological Societies of Yugoslavia. Pristina, Sept. 24-26, 1979, Abstract p. 15.
2. Tager S, Lestan B, Koren A. Influence of 2,4 DNFB on tetanic exhaustion of m.
soleus and m. ext. digit. longus in rat. 12th Congress of federation of Yugoslavian
Society of Physiology. Sarajevo, Sept. 9-12, 1982, Abstract p. 11-79.
3. Tager S, Lestan B, Koren A, Sentjurc M, Schara M. Effect of some metabolic
inhibitors on the free radical concentrations in two metabolically different types
of isolated rat skeletal muscles during tetanic exhaustion. 14th Yugoslav
Biophysics Symposium. Opatija, Sept. 9-Oct. 1, 1983, Abstract p. 50.
4. Ghosh PK, Tager S, Levy MJ, Vidne BA. Late Outcome of Cross-Jones Caged Lens Valve Prosthesis. 14th Congress of the European Society of Cardiology. Barcelona, August, 1992.
5. Nili M, Tager S, Vidne BA. Pacemaker related septicemia or endocarditis- role
of TEE in the Surgical approach. ICPEP 4th International Congress on Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology. Antalya, Oct 3-6, 1993.
6. Knyazer B, Bilenko N, Appelbaum A, Tager S, Abramov D, Bolotin A, Ganiel A, Gabriel A, Katz A. Cardiac Troponin-I Concentration after Coronary Artery Bypass: Predictors and the Impact on Atrial Fibrillation . Israeli Cardiological Society 2004. 7. Knyazer B, Bilenko N, Appelbaum A, Tager S, Abramov D, Ganiel A, Bolotin A, Gabriel A, Katz A. Predictors of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting; Insights From a Prospective Evaluation. Israeli Cardiological Society 2004.
8. Raanani E, shinfeld A, Shieck Yousif B, Tager S, Malachy A, Preisman S, Smolinsky A. Preservation of the aortic valve: remodeling or reimplantation? The 53rd Annual Conference of The Israel Heart Society, April 26-27, 2006 Tel Aviv, Israel.
9. Shinfeld A, Halpern R, Spiegelstein D, Malachy A, Tager S, Sternik L, Priesman S, Coman V, Smolinsky A, Raanani E. Short and mid term results of mitral valve repair using minimally invasive port-access technique. The 53rd Annual Conference of The Israel Heart Society, April 26-27, 2006 Tel Aviv, Israel.
10. Horev N, Spigelstein D, Sternik L, Tager S, Shinfeld A, Malachy A, Preisman S, Coman V, Raanani E. Results of Mitral Valve Repair for Anterior Compared with Posterior Leaflet Prolapse, 53rd Annual Conference of the Israel Heart Society and the Israel Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2006.
11. Spiegelstein D, Sternik L, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Sheick Yousif B, Coman V, Preisman S, Raanani E. The use of artificial chordae for the repair of the mitral valve. The 53rd Annual Conference of The Israel Heart Society, April 26-27, 2006 Tel Aviv, Israel.
12. Shieck Yousif B, Shinfeld A, Tager S, Malachy A, Preisman S, Smolinsky A. K., Raanani E. AV Sparing Surgery: Re-modeling or Re-implantation? The 54th Annual Conference of The Israel Heart Society, April 18-19, 2007 Tel Aviv, Israel.
13. Horev N, Ghosh P, Sternik L, Tager S, Shinfeld A, Malachy A, Raanani E. Feasibility and Mid Term Durability of Mitral Valve Repair in Acute Bacterial Endocarditis. 54th Annual Conference of the Israel Heart Society and the Israeli Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, April 18-19, 2007 Tel Aviv, Israel.
14. Horev N, Spiegelstein D, Sternik L, Tager S, Shinfeld A, Malachy A, Preisman S, Coman, V, Raanani E. Results of Mitral Valve Repair for Anterior Compared with Posterior Leaflet Prolapse. The 54th Annual Conference of The Israel Heart Society, April 18-19, 2007 Tel Aviv, Israel.
English , Italian