Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation provides opportunity for prevention and treatment of all sport injuries including an individualized treatment plan and exercises. It is the only department in Macedonia that operates an underwater hydro-treadmill for hydrotherapy.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation provides treatments such as:
- Electrotherapy (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation -TENS, electro-stimultaion, diadynamic current, galvanic current, interfering currents)
- Thermotherapy (infrared lamp, ultrasound, radio frequency therapy, cryotherapy)
- Laser therapy
- Mechanical treatment (extension, lymphatic drainage )
- Manual therapy (manual drainage, mobilization, manipulation)
- Kinesitherapy (therapeutic exercises)
- Manual massage (medical, sports, relax massage)
- Biodex system 4 – isokinetic machine
Physical therapy and rehabilitation for pathological conditions and diseases
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation provide the necessary treatment to patients who, regardless of the cause, can not take medications nor undergo surgical treatment; to patients with chronic diseases and to patients with limited or no motor functions. It is also applied in post operative treatment for the purpose of restoring normal physiological functions as well as when there is a risk of disease progression.
Sports injury rehabilitation
- Muscles, ligaments and tendons injuries
- Inflammatory changes in the ligaments, tendinitis (tennis elbow)
- Bursitis treatment
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation of the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow and wrist; arthroscopic interventions in joints disorders (rehabilitation after meniscectomy, ligamentoplasty of the anterior cruciate ligament, arthroscopy of the shoulder
- Rehabilitation after Achilles tendon injury
- Shoulder injuries
- Rehabilitation in neurological disorders
- Treatment of the neck, the back and the lower back pain
- Decreasing pain in neuralgies and preventing spinal pain with exercises
- Treatment of cervical and lumbar herniated disc with traction therapy
- Rehabilitation in cardiology
- Postoperative early cardiac rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation in rheumatic disorders
- Treatment of dysfunctions in rheumatic disorders
- Treatment of degenerative disorders of the whole musculoskeletal system
Care for healthy growth and development of children
The musculoskeletal system development of children is affected by internal and external factors, therefore subjected to various deformations. Hereditary factors, improper posture and the lack of physical activity – all lead to distortion of the spinal static resulting in deformities. Corrective gymnastics is a set of special exercises tailored individually to each child which enables strengthening and correction of certain muscle groups affected by deformities.
Care for healthy development during pregnancy
Medical massage for pregnant women is performed for the purpose of:
- Improving circulation and reducing swelling
- Improving muscle tone
- Preparing the muscles for the act of delivery
- Relaxing the body
- Reducing stress
* Mothers-to-be who monitor their pregnancy at “Acibadem Sistina” receive a voucher for free medical massage.
Performing exercises on hydro-treadmill is not only particularly useful in rehabilitation, it is increasingly used in training of professional and amateur athletes. It is beneficial for starting physical activity in people who want to lose weight or people with back and joint pain. The basic principle is to eliminate Earth’s gravity and to reduce pressure on the joints while the resistance created by the water strengthens the muscles. It is used in the rehabilitation of fractures and surgical interventions of herniated discs.
Сѐ уште го немате пронајдено тоа што го барате?
Имате прашање? Слободно контактирајте нѐ.