doctors in the department
At the Department of Neonatology we take care of the health and wellfare of healthy newborns by monitoring their growth and development and by providing diagnostics, treatment and monitoring to ill newborns. The best team of pediatricians, neonatologists and highly educated nurses also provide a visiting nurse service at your request.
The Department provides:
- Prescribed treatment for newborns
- Mothers’ education (on breastfeeding and care of newborns)
- Special care of newborns who experience problems adapting
- Treatment of postnatal infections
- Monitoring of the vital functions
- Post-intensive care and treatment of newborns
- Diagnostics of congenital cardiac defects
- Visiting nurse
Consultative neonatal outpatient activity
Our neonatologist experts perform regular follow-up examinations monitoring the growth and development of newborns and infants of up to one year of age. They also perform consultative examinationsand provide expert advices on newborns’ care.
Education on breastfeeding and care of newborns
Mothers are being educated on breast milk benefits and assisted in acquiring breastfeeding techniques. They also receive advice on home care provision for the newborn. Such approach strengthens mothers’ self-confidence giving them a sense of security. Every mother at “Acibadem Sistina” receives the “Maternal and Neonatal Care After Childbirth” brochure in which the basic principles of baby care are described in detail.
Visit by a visiting nurse
The neonatal period of development is of utmost importance. Regular healthcare controls and care are critical to its healthy life. The purpose of visiting newborns program carried out by visiting nurses is to help the mother and the baby at home and to perform the necessary check-ups.
Babies born at “Acibadem Sistina” have their own neonatologist since birth. He/She is fully committed to their growth and development in the early days of life. “Your neonatologist” is a concept that builds the mother’s confidence since she knows someone is always there for her baby.
Free controls over the first month
Babies born at “Acibadem Sistina” have the opportunity for free of charge controls over the first month of their life. At the same time, this is also the most important support for the mother as there is always a strong need for expert consultation on the growth and the development of the baby during the first month.
The most advanced Pediatric Emergency Center
The Pediatric Emergency Center at “Acibadem Sistina” is one of the most modern emergency centers in the entire region. Its experienced team of pediatricians is available 24/7. At the emergency center we treat diseases of any aspect related to childhood.
Emergency transport service
The highly specialized mobile transport and intensive care unit for severely ill newborns and infantsoffers
- The newest sanitary transport vehicle equipped with sophisticated equipment – transport incubator, transport ventilator, monitoring equipment, intubation set, infusomats. The vehicle is handled by a highly qualified team of a doctor specialist and a nurse.
- The Unit also provides transport of critically ill newborns requiring further treatment between medical centers in the country and the region, as well as transport to and from “Acibadem Sistina” Hospital.
- The transport team consists of five specialist doctors trained in intensive care and critical care transport and of five nurses with experience in intensive care.
The most advanced Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is equipped with cutting edge appliances such as incubators, invasive and noninvasive mechanical ventilation apparatus, and total parenteral and enteral nutrition. Our experienced team of neonatologists and intensive care specialists provide the best care of your baby.
Our Intensive Care and Therapy Department also admits external patients (i.e. newborns born in other medical centers) who are in need of special care and therapy services.
Сѐ уште го немате пронајдено тоа што го барате?
Имате прашање? Слободно контактирајте нѐ.