doctors in the department
Neonatal intensive care
The Department of Neonatal Intensive Care is the only department of its kind in the country and the region. It employs the best experts for intensive treatment and monitoring of premature born and critically ill babies. It has 13 intensive care units, two of which are isolated. It provides transport of critically ill children between healthcare centers. The Department is open to admittance of external patients (newborns born in other medical centers) who require special care and treatment.
All the doctors and nurses are highly educated and trained to work at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The Department of Neonatal Intensive Care provides the following services:
- Treatment and care of premature babies
- Treatment of asphyxiated newborns
- Treatment of newborns with postnatal infections
- Treatment of critically ill term newborns
- Treatment and care of newborns with low birth weight and extremely low gestational age
- Total and supplemental parenteral nutrition
- Treatment of conditions requiring post-surgical care of newborns with a need for surgical treatment
MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) operates the most up-to-date equipment for infant care and stay (incubator and hot beds, so called infant warmers or babyterm), monitoring (24-hour monitoring of essential vital parameters) and respiratory assistance (so-called machines for invasive and noninvasive respiratory support). Accurate diagnostics is made very quickly by using the most advanced diagnostic apparatus (ultrasound and X-ray diagnostics set at the place where the baby is staying).
- 24-hour cardiorespiratory monitoring
- The most advanced modes of mechanical ventilation
- Equipment for infant care and stay (incubator and hot beds, so-called infant warmers or babyterm)
- Monitoring (24-hour monitoring of essential vital parameters)
- Machines for invasive and noninvasive respiratory support
- Cutting edge diagnostic apparatus (ultrasound and X-ray diagnostics set at the place where the baby is staying)
TRANSPORT OF CRITICALLY ILL NEWBORNS
“Acibadem Sistina” Hospital provides specialized medical transport for critically ill newborns between medical centers. The most modern sanitary vehicle is used, fully equipped and adapted for the transport of adults, children and newborns. A new model of transport incubator is available complete with a respirator, monitoring system and continuous venous therapy system, the possibility of body temperature self -adjusting in the newborn, as well as independent oxygen application during the transport.
For the most critically ill infants in need of respiratory support the vehicle is equipped with the latest transport respirator for mechanical ventilation of newborns and children weighing up to 5 kg.
The main advantage of the emergency transport is that intensive treatment starts during the transfer already, the newborn is even brought to the hostpial. It is a real mobile intensive care unit for newborns which meets the need for transport of critically ill newborns at long distances of up to 400 km. The medical team consists of 5 doctors and 5 nurses who are specialised in carrying out medical transport of critically ill newborns.
ADMITTANCE OF EXTERNAL PATIENTS
The Department of Intensive Care and Therapy is open to admittance of external patients (infants born in other medical centers) who require special care and treatment services provided by “Acibadem Sistina” Hospital.
Сѐ уште го немате пронајдено тоа што го барате?
Имате прашање? Слободно контактирајте нѐ.